Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Day When We're Face to Face...

Below: The new Singapore Fo Guan Shan Temple in Punggol

Below: After Buddha statue was unveiled, The Venerable addresses the congregation and lead the prayers.


Below: Why? Why must I act cool? Don't you secretly do it too?
Below: A simple yet delicate and precious gift from someone I love dearly. I know you take lots of time, effort and pains to make it. That's what touches me deeply and I'm going to take very very good care of it...

Eyes wide open at 5am, and that is not a common practice of me. It's just that today is a very special day. I did the morning usuals, get dressed up and hopped on the early train to Punggol. I'm so so dead tired for waking up so early in the morning (slept at 2am by the way...). But I just cannot afford to fall asleep. The long ride eventually ended and I got off at Punggol MRT and made my way to the new Singapore Fo Guang Shan Temple (SgFGS). I was so early...8am... Well, breakfast time. After breakfast, I washed my hands at the sink and suddenly a huge praying mantis flew onto my hand. I wasn't really startled and I just gently flicked it off me, but it flew and landed on my head lol! Is this some kind of sign from the heavens??

Anyway, I didn't have to wait long for the opening ceremony, and for the tour group from Tawau and.. of course...Ting to arrive... I was so damn nervous but I managed to keep my cool! Arh! &_& It's really like a dream... 14 months of waiting, with lots of pain in between. The digitalized face in my Samsung finally came to life!... The feeling is just so damn hard to describe. The feeling of love... *I'm fogged!* *Well I'll fog you guys the descriptions!* The ceremony began with the singing of buddhist songs and soon, it was the unveiling of the Buddha statue. There were so many performances such as skits, trendy new buddhist songs to encourage youths to take up buddhism, chantings, and of course speeches by the Venerable himself as well as some of the VIPS. There was a lunch break in between and everyone was treated to a sumptous spread of vegetarian dishes.

After everything was over, I went home to empty some of my stuffs from my bag and headed down to Vivo City for some shopping. Wanted to get Ju to help me recommend what to wear, but too bad he just knocked off. So, I got my goodie handy friend Seah Jia Qing to accompany me with the shopping. After dinner, we went around Zara, Topman, etc.. could't find anything nice. JQ recommended that I go to River Island to get their apparel. He got a black studded jeans for a dirt-cheap price of $55, and lucky for him he got the last few pieces. After brousing around, a black/white reversable belt caught my eye. And so does a red/black stripped long sleeved clollared shirt caught my attention (Last piece of shirt btw, and the size is just right!) Belt equals $53, Shirt = $105. There was this slacks too. But it cost $99, and that is way over my total budget of $250. Not forgetting I still need to get a new pair of leather shoes. Thank god JQ knows one of the staff working at River Island Vivo and if I order under him, I could get a discount of 30%! Just have to wait for the good news tomorrow!

No comments: