Friday, August 31, 2007

Below: Its really boring slacking in one corner. But being paid to slack... cool...

Today's the first day at work at Teck Wah. A company that manufacture and package software. I was posted to department that produces Norton Anti-Virus 2008 Edition software. Talk about coincidence... There, I met 2 chaps by the name of Christopher and "Uncle" (he wants me to address him that way. Real name is Mr Ng). Both of them taught me much of the departments runnings and explained my job scope to me. Thank god both of them are cheerful and super-friendly...

And thank my luck stars that I am posted to this department that is literally SLACK! All I did was running errands and that is about all for the time being. I estimated, I spent about 60%.. maybe 70% of the time stone'ing in the air-conditioned office! There was this temp staff that came after me, and he was posted to the loading/unloading bay! Poor bastard will surely sweat because there is no air-conditioner there.

The payout is like this: A total of $45 from 7.30am to 5.30pm (regular working hours). After that it's OT at $7 an hour. For Saturdays, each working hour is worth $7 and for Sundays, each working hour is at a whooping $9! I get paid to partially slack! Now, that is not a bad deal.

I have tried to pull my buddies Earns and JianLiang to my department. Hope it happens next week.

No comments: