
220309 - Everyone got up early that Sunday. We went to the weekend market near the main road ( in front of Eastern Plaza), auntie wanted to find for frog legs (because I wanted to eat :( ). There were all sorts of stuffs being sold there, notably those fake leather goods, fake watches, fake perfume etc. For me, I bought a Levi's Wallet for only SGD$5.48 (from RM18 discounted to RM13) and a Hugo Boss perfume for the same price. After auntie got her stuffs, including a dalab, we went to a nearby coffeeshop for breakfast (I ate Hor Fun). I still remembered the coffeeshop boss being a hardworking and courteous person.
Once home, we leave the stuffs and we all took an hour and a half's drive to Semporna. I remember on the journey I slept for about half an hour as I was tired!
Semporna seems much hotter than Tawau. The streets are literally crawling with people. From the crowd, I couldn't identify anyone that looks Chinese. I was told by Uncle that most of the Semporna inhabitants were Bugis, with a huge number of other Indonesian races and Filipinos (many of them illegal immigrants).
At one of the gift shop, I bought several seashells for myself and my bros and cousins. Ting bought a few for herself to add to her existing seashell collection. After that, we had lunch at a chinese coffeeshop. Then, we toured the Jetty that caters rides to the nearby Sipadan Islands. Once again, beautiful scenery, especially that of the nearby Mermaid Island. The mountain ridge is shaped in a figure of a lady lying face up. The waters were almost crystal-clear (cept' for some litter in the water). At certain spots, I could see the bottom of the shallows. There was also a seafood restaurant there. Another interesting thing I saw was the wash basins, it is actually a very huge sea clam that was made into a basin! After the trip, we headed down to a nearby wet market as auntie wanted to buy some eight horn clams. And after that, we were on our way home. Before reaching home, uncle took a detour to the sea side near Tawau to show me how it looks like. I wasn't really interested in going down for a look (perhaps next time!), but still, the view impresses me!
Back home, uncle prepared the BBQ pit while auntie got all the raw food prepared. Chicken wings, Sausages, pork slices and stuffs. Ting's bro also invited many of his friends there. And at that night, I experienced blackout! So this is how it is when Ting's house is in a blackout! Guess I'd count myself lucky that Singapore doesn't have any of them!
230309 - It's the end of the 1 week school break, and back to school for Ting. It also serves as a reminder to me that my stay in Tawau is almost up. That thought made me kinda sad... I went round Ting's house taking photos of the garden, back-alley, porch and other places to serve as a reminder of how her house looked.
In the morning, after sending Ting to school, I followed uncle to his office to check out his workplace. It's just a simple office where uncle drafts building designs for clients. A really meticulous work and I really admire Uncle for his profession and skill. at 12.30, we fetched Ting from school and headed back home for lunch. Later, me and Ting got changed and we headed down to Eastern Plaza again to do some last-minute shopping. I had mentioned that I wanted a nice belt. So I got an Armani and a Versace belt. Both for RM20 only! Wonder, when will I ever go out with Ting again?... Once back home, I had my last dinner at their house.
Ting had mentioned that she did not want to go to school the following day as she had wanted to personally send me off.
240309 - Woke up pretty early to finalize preparations. Had breakfast at town and headed back home to collect my luggage. When the car rolled out and moved down Taman Melody, I took 1 last long look at Ting's House. "When" is the question... "When" will I ever come back to visit Ting? The road to the airport seemed long, I tried my best to be happy, but deep inside, I feel sad that I had to leave...
Once at the airport, I checked in and after that, we loitered around the airport vicinity for some time before the call for my flight. Well, it's time for me to say goodbye. Uncle and Auntie handed me an Ang Pao (Touched T__T) and wished me well for my future. I was so sad, but I kept myself smiling. I shook Uncle's hand warmly and gave Auntie and Ting a hug each... as I passed the security checkpoint, I turned around and gave them one final wave. I don't want to go home yet, really... 2 weeks just flew by and I really enjoyed my stay at Tawau. I enjoyed Uncle's and Auntie's hospitality and Ting's company.
After waiting for an eternity, flight boarding was announced. I dragged myself into the plane and plopped into my seat... The plane positioned itself on the runway and stayed stationary for a while. Then, there was this accelerated rush as the plane rapidly gained speed. I watched as trees flicker past me, then, Tawau Airport, then, it was up into the sky and slowly, Tawau's macro landscape becomes so distant...
Once home, we leave the stuffs and we all took an hour and a half's drive to Semporna. I remember on the journey I slept for about half an hour as I was tired!
Semporna seems much hotter than Tawau. The streets are literally crawling with people. From the crowd, I couldn't identify anyone that looks Chinese. I was told by Uncle that most of the Semporna inhabitants were Bugis, with a huge number of other Indonesian races and Filipinos (many of them illegal immigrants).
At one of the gift shop, I bought several seashells for myself and my bros and cousins. Ting bought a few for herself to add to her existing seashell collection. After that, we had lunch at a chinese coffeeshop. Then, we toured the Jetty that caters rides to the nearby Sipadan Islands. Once again, beautiful scenery, especially that of the nearby Mermaid Island. The mountain ridge is shaped in a figure of a lady lying face up. The waters were almost crystal-clear (cept' for some litter in the water). At certain spots, I could see the bottom of the shallows. There was also a seafood restaurant there. Another interesting thing I saw was the wash basins, it is actually a very huge sea clam that was made into a basin! After the trip, we headed down to a nearby wet market as auntie wanted to buy some eight horn clams. And after that, we were on our way home. Before reaching home, uncle took a detour to the sea side near Tawau to show me how it looks like. I wasn't really interested in going down for a look (perhaps next time!), but still, the view impresses me!
Back home, uncle prepared the BBQ pit while auntie got all the raw food prepared. Chicken wings, Sausages, pork slices and stuffs. Ting's bro also invited many of his friends there. And at that night, I experienced blackout! So this is how it is when Ting's house is in a blackout! Guess I'd count myself lucky that Singapore doesn't have any of them!
230309 - It's the end of the 1 week school break, and back to school for Ting. It also serves as a reminder to me that my stay in Tawau is almost up. That thought made me kinda sad... I went round Ting's house taking photos of the garden, back-alley, porch and other places to serve as a reminder of how her house looked.
In the morning, after sending Ting to school, I followed uncle to his office to check out his workplace. It's just a simple office where uncle drafts building designs for clients. A really meticulous work and I really admire Uncle for his profession and skill. at 12.30, we fetched Ting from school and headed back home for lunch. Later, me and Ting got changed and we headed down to Eastern Plaza again to do some last-minute shopping. I had mentioned that I wanted a nice belt. So I got an Armani and a Versace belt. Both for RM20 only! Wonder, when will I ever go out with Ting again?... Once back home, I had my last dinner at their house.
Ting had mentioned that she did not want to go to school the following day as she had wanted to personally send me off.
240309 - Woke up pretty early to finalize preparations. Had breakfast at town and headed back home to collect my luggage. When the car rolled out and moved down Taman Melody, I took 1 last long look at Ting's House. "When" is the question... "When" will I ever come back to visit Ting? The road to the airport seemed long, I tried my best to be happy, but deep inside, I feel sad that I had to leave...
Once at the airport, I checked in and after that, we loitered around the airport vicinity for some time before the call for my flight. Well, it's time for me to say goodbye. Uncle and Auntie handed me an Ang Pao (Touched T__T) and wished me well for my future. I was so sad, but I kept myself smiling. I shook Uncle's hand warmly and gave Auntie and Ting a hug each... as I passed the security checkpoint, I turned around and gave them one final wave. I don't want to go home yet, really... 2 weeks just flew by and I really enjoyed my stay at Tawau. I enjoyed Uncle's and Auntie's hospitality and Ting's company.
After waiting for an eternity, flight boarding was announced. I dragged myself into the plane and plopped into my seat... The plane positioned itself on the runway and stayed stationary for a while. Then, there was this accelerated rush as the plane rapidly gained speed. I watched as trees flicker past me, then, Tawau Airport, then, it was up into the sky and slowly, Tawau's macro landscape becomes so distant...










No comments:
Post a Comment