
Above: The halfway stop between Tawau and Sandakan. The beautiful Guan Ying Temple!
Below: The exit of the Sancturary. Hope one day I can come pay those monkeys a visit again!

160309 - Hooray it's a Monday! And I am Hurrah'ing for a good reason... coz it's the 1 week school holidays for Ting! I got up early and wanted to prepare for breakfast for everyone. Hard-boiled 3 eggs and mashed it. Add in a heaped tablespoon of butter and enough mayo and there it is! Auntie helped me chop the salad (as I wasn't very proficient at chopping fine veggie!). Initially I had wanted to add hotdogs, but then again... not... because Auntie is a vegetarian. So, might as well cook something which everyone can enjoy! Mashed Eggs with salad! A pity that Uncle wasn't around to have breakfast with us as he was out having breakfast with that guest speaker from Singapore, Doris Ang. For most of the day, I spent time chilling at home and preparing my stuffs for the trip to Sandakan on the following day.
170309 - (Happy 28th Month Anniversary) Everyone woke up extremely early and had an early breakfast! By about 9.30am, we hit the roads. The duration of the journey is estimated to be about 5.5 to 6 hours! But... it seems okay as we were rather chatty on the journey! I remember at one point of the journey when Uncle suddenly told us to look at a bunch of monkeys at the roadside. Apparently there were 6 of them. 4 of them were behaving normally while the remainder 2 (one male and one female) were doing doggy-style on the road!! That made everyone ROAR with laughter! I could feel my tears coming out then! HAHA! Aside from that, there were many beautiful sights to be seen such as the famous Bird's Nest Mountain near to Lahad Datu, the sea view from the top of the mountains as well as the Guan Ying Temple facing the sea! After passing the temple, we stopped for lunch. Finally I had something that had so much chilli in a week! Fried Thai Prawn rice with Chilli Padi! Haha! Hot! LOL!
I remembered we were joking about the beautiful statues at the roundabout in Sandakan... The statues were shaped in animals that are found in Sandakan. Example, the Orangutan, the Phoboscis Monkey, the Crocodiles, the eagles. Apparently, they have hands and they point in the direction of the corresponding tourist attraction! I was laughing loudly when I saw the statue of the crocodile!
The first stop was at the Poboscis Monkey Sancturary. It was the first time I got up close to monkeys. The blackie monkey (Dont' know what species) is soooo cute! It snatched my long beans! T_T I remember there was one mother with her baby clinging to her belly! Another of the monkeys had long beans going into it's mouth and Pee and Shit coming out from the butt! For Ting, she was absolutely extatic when she saw the Male Monkey! So much so her face was flushed with red! HAHAHA!
During the evening, Uncle booked a hotel room for all of us to spend the night in. Then after that, we went to a coffee shop near the hotel to have dinner. I had my first taste of the Fei Luo (Flying Clam), tastes great!
170309 - (Happy 28th Month Anniversary) Everyone woke up extremely early and had an early breakfast! By about 9.30am, we hit the roads. The duration of the journey is estimated to be about 5.5 to 6 hours! But... it seems okay as we were rather chatty on the journey! I remember at one point of the journey when Uncle suddenly told us to look at a bunch of monkeys at the roadside. Apparently there were 6 of them. 4 of them were behaving normally while the remainder 2 (one male and one female) were doing doggy-style on the road!! That made everyone ROAR with laughter! I could feel my tears coming out then! HAHA! Aside from that, there were many beautiful sights to be seen such as the famous Bird's Nest Mountain near to Lahad Datu, the sea view from the top of the mountains as well as the Guan Ying Temple facing the sea! After passing the temple, we stopped for lunch. Finally I had something that had so much chilli in a week! Fried Thai Prawn rice with Chilli Padi! Haha! Hot! LOL!
I remembered we were joking about the beautiful statues at the roundabout in Sandakan... The statues were shaped in animals that are found in Sandakan. Example, the Orangutan, the Phoboscis Monkey, the Crocodiles, the eagles. Apparently, they have hands and they point in the direction of the corresponding tourist attraction! I was laughing loudly when I saw the statue of the crocodile!
The first stop was at the Poboscis Monkey Sancturary. It was the first time I got up close to monkeys. The blackie monkey (Dont' know what species) is soooo cute! It snatched my long beans! T_T I remember there was one mother with her baby clinging to her belly! Another of the monkeys had long beans going into it's mouth and Pee and Shit coming out from the butt! For Ting, she was absolutely extatic when she saw the Male Monkey! So much so her face was flushed with red! HAHAHA!
During the evening, Uncle booked a hotel room for all of us to spend the night in. Then after that, we went to a coffee shop near the hotel to have dinner. I had my first taste of the Fei Luo (Flying Clam), tastes great!









No comments:
Post a Comment