Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Door to Door Sales Isn't My Forte

Yeah, it's definitely not my cup of tea. There were several reason why I decided not to do the job any more.


First, on the day of the interview, I was told by the boss that there will be transport provided to the site of work. That's fine with me. However, just now when I left the office with the person I was attached to (Ironically his name was Kelvin), I asked him where will we be taking the transport to the place (Yishun). He told me that we will be taking Bus 285 to the MRT station and later, a train to Yishun. I was a bit taken aback. Then I asked him about what the boss told me. Then he said the boss did not told him about such stuffs. I was like "well, ok... I'll carry on and see how's it like"


Second, it is pure 100% door to door sales. Whoa, I must admit that talking to strangers and advertising a product or service which I do not patronise is kinda hard. I need to conjure some lies or put on an acting mask to so-called "cheat" people into making the purchase from me. I just... dunno... I can't seem to do it. If I was told to do such stuffs on the roads or perhaps at a shopping centre, that, yes, I might consider. If it's pure door to door, then forget it. I don't like doing such kind of stuffs.


Third, which is in conjunction with the first, is that the transportation fees is quite unpredictable. This particular job requires it's staff to move around different parts of Singapore to carry out sales. Sometimes it requires us to go to places such as Yishun or Tampines, which is like damned far for me. Cost of transport is one thing. The other factor is the time I take to travel to and from the places. If the job gets lengthy, I might even miss the last bus or last train and would resort to taking a cab back home. It will cost a bomb! And also, it would definitely eat into my daily pay. What I'd bring home would be peanuts!


So, ya, I've just sms'ed Aunt June to help me ask if weather SGH has any more vacancies available. Hope to get a favourable reply from her in a day or two. Else, it's back to the Classified section of the Straits Times.

No comments: