Thursday, June 28, 2007

I missed my exam =(

The enthusiasms and optimisms I had for today came crashing down the moment I first opened my eyes in the morning. It was a bright and sunny morning. Suddenly, I was jolted from my bed. I quickly grabbed my handphone and stared at its blank screen. "KAO! HP no batt!" I rushed to the living room and saw 10am displayed on the wall! I was late for the Analog Systems MST test! It had began just one and a half hours before and it just ended. Before I went to bed last night, I had presetted the handphone alarm to 7am. Apparently, its died on me sometime in the morning! Without hesitation, I changed into a fresh set of clothes, sprayed on some Ferrari and grabbed a cab to school.
.
In school, I told the reason to the admin staff located at the School of EEE office. She told me that I should have been smarter by bluffing my way out for a retest. i.e to get a MC as a valid reason for approval. She added that that is a confirm 100% retest for that. Inside I was struggling for my next course of action. Should I just fake and MC or should I just write a letter to explain my absence?
.
I hence sought my A.S. tutor, Mdm Safura for advice. Personally, she was willing to give me a retest on the same day as she feels that I can be trusted for not "smuggling" the answers from my other classmates. However, it's against the school rules and both of us can be in trouble if I somehow managed to coerce her into giving me a on-the-spot test. So, She just accompanied me to the office and I wrote a letter of explaination to the Vice-Director (VD) of SP to explain my predicament. I hope that the VD can see through the apparently simple reason for my absence, and also hope that he can understand the fact that I was brutally honest with my explaination and I do not wish to deceive anyone in order to get my grades back.
.
Right now, I'm having this shitty feeling inside me. Just got no mood to do anything, not even thinking of studying for tommorow's Logic Design test; I am still contemplating the aftermaths of my actions. Is honesty really that important? Or grades are that all-deciding? Next Monday, I'll get to know the answer...

No comments: