Sunday, November 04, 2007

Roti Prata Muahaha!

Below: Self-made Prata! Woo!

Having seen the frozen prata dough in my fridge, I guess I might just try my hands at making my own Roti Prata. So, I imagined myself as a "Pro Roti Prata Uncle" and remove the 1st piece of dough from its packaging... I splashed the dough on the zinc surface of the sink (Cleaned the sink 1st) and I tried to emulate the Prata Uncle's dough-spreading technique... disaster... forgot to put oil on the zinc surface! The dough got too sticky and it was misshapened! I added some oil, but it got worse... crap! So I dumped the 1st piece of dough away (Mommy was like "Aww, wasted food..")

The second piece of prata (D-shaped) was made by mommy! She told me just cook the prata normally and that the dough don't need too much flattening. So, I scrapped the idea of acting like a pro and I just carefully removed the nd piece of dough from the packaging and gently spreaded it thin. Then I sprinked finely grated cheese and folded it up before tossing it into the teflon! Add a bit of curry (From the Prata Uncle) and hehehe... self-cooked prata!

No comments: