Below: The magnitude of work that I have to undertake!
Below: End of Day 1... Stamen is wow'ed at dendrobiums height!

Below: Another angled shot. See the awestruck expression of stamen?

After 5 freaking years being left on the shelf, Project Dendrobium went underway! I believe it to feels that after sitting on my desk for ages, it feels its time that it assembles itself. But I am not going to let it have its way! Haha! I started off, by taking all the plastic mesh out of its packaging and laying it all over the floor. After all that is done, a feeling of lazyness washed over me. "Do I really have to do this???" Without thinking, its assembly time. I started with both the skeletal piston for the large beam sabers. This excludes the armour plating for it; just the skeletal internals. Then, I proceeded to make the stand, a small portion of the Dendrobium's bottom hull and the forward-central part in which both large weapon containers would be later attached. One of the problems encountered is the fixing of the skeletal piston arms. Apperently one of the parts to guide the pistons refuse to join together perfectly (So much for flawless Bandai model kits...) I managed to it by slicing off a portion of a 'male' part to attach to a 'female' part. As a result one of the arms were done up while the other is still pending modification. The other arm is attached to hard and I would have to fix it another day.






No comments:
Post a Comment