Today is the first day of work Tian Huah Printing. I was very surprised that there was no interview whatsoever. Got up at 6.15am and got started work at 7am. Loads and loads of books await me. I was supposed to fold book jackets, package, move heavy stuffs, fold cartons, stick labels and many more. Thank god that there were cool machines to help out, else it would be too tedious.
Below: My workplace, the book-factory...

All sorts of books were printed there. The first book I saw was one that was about karmasutra in German! There were others such a children storybooks, cookbooks, books on wellness, all in different languages such as english, german, french, belgian, etc. Even stuffs such as comics/pictures depicting gross violence and sexuality/nudity were in print(some in english, some in german)! My colleague told me that one there was this PRC person who worked here and he was absolutely stunned and curious about those nude depictions! I laughed!
Below: Ever seen smokers in comic strips in S'Pore???

Today is only the first day and I am already working overtime. $4 an hour, additional $6 coffee $ and $6 for overtime. Total of 7.5 hours and 3 hours overtime, all adds up to $54. A bit little for a lot of work. But, the best thing is that I don't incur any transportation expenses!
Overall, the working environment is okay, the people are friendly and the food is cheap! Kinda like that place. However, its only the first day and things might change...






No comments:
Post a Comment