Tuesday, August 29, 2006

...And Where Books Are Destroyed...

There was too much to write on the 1st day of work. So, I decided to continue on the 2nd day haha! It might seem a wonderous place to children when they get to know their favourite story books are created there. However, I hate to spoil the show... It a place where bad bad things happen too!

The books are mass-produced at quite a large scale. However, shit does happen. Sometimes the machine cocks-up and the end result are a mass of crumpled and dismembered books!

For those lucky books that passed the menacing machine (haha!), they are packed nicely in boxes and loaded on palettes, ready to be stored and shipped away/flown overseas to bookshops and finally to some "lucky" kid!

However, there is always a +/- 5% extra in case of major cock-ups. For those finished books that are excess to quota..., they are consolidated to be THROWN AWAY!!! I happen to pass by a section of the factory and saw several palettes of excess books! I was disheartened... good books destined for the recycling bin... If I ever see any bestsellers such as LOtR or Dan Brown Series... I will really go crazy~!

If the little kids get to know about such atrocities, they might possibily gather in mass and storm the factory with double-bladed lightsabres! Dreaming...zzz...

No comments: