What is 2-Dimension? Area of a football field, Vectors on an XY plane...
What is 3-Dimesnion? What we perceive through our eyes...
The 4th dimension? Space? Time...?
Time is something fascinating. Something that we can never fully control. "Control"... not in the sense of fully utilizing your time to make the best out of your life (Something, which I failed many-a-times). The "control" I am referring to is to bend time at one's will.
There are many references to this in books, movies, and in most of the mass-media. Most notably is H.G. Well's "The Time Machine". There are many that have the fantasy of altering time; constantly self-questioning "If only I had etc, What If I had done etc..." Again, I am not the exception.
If H.G. Well's fantasy do become reality, I would want to do the following...
1: Years 1985 to late teens- If I can be back in time, I'd definitely stop being the "bad" me... no matter how mischievious my two younger brothers were... I'd tolerate.
I know, as a big brother, I am not your ideal role-model. As a child, I was constantly sided by pa (and at times mommy). I always I got you 2 into trouble in numerous occasions, beat you guys up and did many horrible things to you 2. I still remember the time when you all ganged up on me to make my life miserable. And the time one of you beat me up to teach me a lesson. Thanks for showing me humility... I was selfish, I changed because you 2 taught me a valuable lesson. Thank you my 2 brothers, I'll appreciate you guys.
2: Year 1993 - My first CCA was badminton. Which I thought that time was my ideal sport. My two brothers were into volleyball. Subsequently, they and their team went on to become national C-division champion. They seemed to have lots of fun. I looked on with much envy and I questioned my decision to join badminton. I still stuck with the decision...
3: Year 1997 - Badminton again.. This time it's in Tanglin Sec Sch. This time I regret not joining the National Cadet Corps, which my good friends Brian, Con and WeiHan were in. I guessed I still haven't learnt my lesson that that good fun can be found in good friends.
4: Year 2000 - If I was back 6 months or longer before 13th October 2000, just to inform my grandpa about his intestine and also, to seek early treatment, perhaps, he might still be around. Perhaps the tragic events shortly before 13th October might not happen.
5: Year 2001 - Should I alter this space in time? It's the year when I retained in JC1. A year of extreme negativity for me. Perhaps not... There are much more better things in life that will happen to me...
6: Year 2003 - Once again, I failed. This time, I failed my A'levels... failing to secure a place in the local university. I still remembered my Civics Tutor (MS Tie) handing me my result slip with a grim look. A look, that seems to say "you have tried your best"... For the years of 2001-2003, I hate my life in the JC. It's really very cold there...
Also, 1 more regret during the 2001-2003 years were that of joining Bowling. Used up lots of money but with no results...
7: Year 1993-2007 - I am not very sure about the end date. But it's gotta do with my hobbies. My early primary school years were filled with DragonBallZ cards. Followed by Magic the Gathering cards (on and off till I ORD'ed in 2006), Battletech cards during 1997-1999. Gundam Models from 1999 onwards till perhaps.. 2007?
If I can change time... I'd definitely not buy those DragonballZ cards.
FOr Magic Cards... perhaps I'd start in 1993 to get those alpha to revised edition cards (sought after for collection now) and top up with cards from Arabian Nights, Antiquities, Legends, The Dark, Fallen Empires, 4th edition, Ice Age, Homelands and Alliances and finally STOP. Keep those valuable cards for momento sake. The newer editions these days sucks.
For Battletech... maybe not... I'd keep them. Battletech was one of my old passion.
And finally, Gundam... I'd not buy most of them, save those models that are really eye-catching.
Imagine all the money I'd have saved!
8: Year 2004 to Present - No regrets whatsoever so far... Army life was a blast, and so was Poly life... Most importantly, my girlfriend came into my life.
What is 3-Dimesnion? What we perceive through our eyes...
The 4th dimension? Space? Time...?
Time is something fascinating. Something that we can never fully control. "Control"... not in the sense of fully utilizing your time to make the best out of your life (Something, which I failed many-a-times). The "control" I am referring to is to bend time at one's will.
There are many references to this in books, movies, and in most of the mass-media. Most notably is H.G. Well's "The Time Machine". There are many that have the fantasy of altering time; constantly self-questioning "If only I had etc, What If I had done etc..." Again, I am not the exception.
If H.G. Well's fantasy do become reality, I would want to do the following...
1: Years 1985 to late teens- If I can be back in time, I'd definitely stop being the "bad" me... no matter how mischievious my two younger brothers were... I'd tolerate.
I know, as a big brother, I am not your ideal role-model. As a child, I was constantly sided by pa (and at times mommy). I always I got you 2 into trouble in numerous occasions, beat you guys up and did many horrible things to you 2. I still remember the time when you all ganged up on me to make my life miserable. And the time one of you beat me up to teach me a lesson. Thanks for showing me humility... I was selfish, I changed because you 2 taught me a valuable lesson. Thank you my 2 brothers, I'll appreciate you guys.
2: Year 1993 - My first CCA was badminton. Which I thought that time was my ideal sport. My two brothers were into volleyball. Subsequently, they and their team went on to become national C-division champion. They seemed to have lots of fun. I looked on with much envy and I questioned my decision to join badminton. I still stuck with the decision...
3: Year 1997 - Badminton again.. This time it's in Tanglin Sec Sch. This time I regret not joining the National Cadet Corps, which my good friends Brian, Con and WeiHan were in. I guessed I still haven't learnt my lesson that that good fun can be found in good friends.
4: Year 2000 - If I was back 6 months or longer before 13th October 2000, just to inform my grandpa about his intestine and also, to seek early treatment, perhaps, he might still be around. Perhaps the tragic events shortly before 13th October might not happen.
5: Year 2001 - Should I alter this space in time? It's the year when I retained in JC1. A year of extreme negativity for me. Perhaps not... There are much more better things in life that will happen to me...
6: Year 2003 - Once again, I failed. This time, I failed my A'levels... failing to secure a place in the local university. I still remembered my Civics Tutor (MS Tie) handing me my result slip with a grim look. A look, that seems to say "you have tried your best"... For the years of 2001-2003, I hate my life in the JC. It's really very cold there...
Also, 1 more regret during the 2001-2003 years were that of joining Bowling. Used up lots of money but with no results...
7: Year 1993-2007 - I am not very sure about the end date. But it's gotta do with my hobbies. My early primary school years were filled with DragonBallZ cards. Followed by Magic the Gathering cards (on and off till I ORD'ed in 2006), Battletech cards during 1997-1999. Gundam Models from 1999 onwards till perhaps.. 2007?
If I can change time... I'd definitely not buy those DragonballZ cards.
FOr Magic Cards... perhaps I'd start in 1993 to get those alpha to revised edition cards (sought after for collection now) and top up with cards from Arabian Nights, Antiquities, Legends, The Dark, Fallen Empires, 4th edition, Ice Age, Homelands and Alliances and finally STOP. Keep those valuable cards for momento sake. The newer editions these days sucks.
For Battletech... maybe not... I'd keep them. Battletech was one of my old passion.
And finally, Gundam... I'd not buy most of them, save those models that are really eye-catching.
Imagine all the money I'd have saved!
8: Year 2004 to Present - No regrets whatsoever so far... Army life was a blast, and so was Poly life... Most importantly, my girlfriend came into my life.






No comments:
Post a Comment