
Rush to wait wait to rush... that was the feeling I had last night at Rush. Previously, before 12am, the dancefloor would not have a single soul dancing. But yesterday, since its the second last day of the operation of Rush, the dancefloor was really jam-packed with bodies. Ladies in skimpy dresses, Ah Bengs and Ah Lians chanting their stuffs and their groups challenge each other with their chants, the DJ pausing songs to give silly comments, the famous K-4 (Killer 4 dance songs; Shimmie-shake, The Book Is On The Table, Playboy and Smokemachine). All these were very common years ago and it just brings back the memories...Just that many of in the croud are youngsters. However, I did see some older people and erm, seasoned dancers, just that they have no space to dance.
The atmosphere inside there was really different. I feel that there is a wave of tension there, with all the beats and anthem. Even the DJ feels it and he swapped song. "Hey no fighting, no fighting.. yeah Shakira Shakira Shakira!!" Hips Don't Lie! I was turned-off, Shakira doesn't turn me on haha!
The people who were there and made the night, as usual was Melvin and he brought along his neighbours Jason and Vincent. Too bad Sam injured his arm, else he would be joining us. Kenneth was there too, together with his other friends. As promised we decided to have a Friday Rush outing. And worse still, I had a evil thought of asking Wa Yee along too, just that I scared that Jia Yi jealous!
After rush had closed, the four of us (Melvin, Jason, Vincent and me) made our way to 7-eleven to rehydrate ourselves. Jason got a super big gulp and mixed it with a bottle of CowBoy Scotch Whiskey! Really nice drink. We sat at the roadside and talked about all sorts of bullshit.
Then it was time for me to leave. Halfway across the road to get a cab, A white Toyota on the "turn-left" filter lane suddenly turned right as I was crossing the road and it nearly hit me! If it was about 20cm more I would have flew down the road. I was suddenly taken aback but I managed to dodge in time. I then gave the driver a killer stare and he apologized profusely. Cursing silently (I did not have the conviction to yell vulgarities at him), I made my way home.







No comments:
Post a Comment