Friday, September 22, 2006

Last Day at TPH: An Appraisal/Testimonial

An overview of the people at Tian Wah Press Holdings:


Auntie Siew: The 1st person I talked to. Very lively and chatty and can be tired at times haha. We got lots to talk about, which is good, as it will kill time fast and provides a good avenue for laughter in monotonous work. All the coffee sweets, food, small tidbits and roll and rolls of toilet papers from her! Its good hanging out with her as we have many things to talk about. Apperently has a dislike for Auntie Kiaw!! Her influence also spread to me!


Auntie Rose: The most flirtatious person at my line... and probably the most chatty one. She's super humerous and we always disturb each other. Rumoured to have many many boyfriends and suitors! Muahaha! She even tried to "tackle" me muahaha! At times, she draws flack from Auntie Siew, Ah Hao and Ah Di. I don't really know why they do not really like her. However, on the flipside, she seems to be suffering from some sort of depression syndrome and she periodically takes medicine to supress it. I really wish her well and her family issues be solved asap...

Auntie Milah: A motherly figure to me coz she treats me like his son! I still remember she "pinjam" me $2 to eat when I did not have any cash with me She is Auntie Rose's good friend and they can be seen laughing together most of the time. Their laughter can be heard for miles! Together with NahWee and Auntie Rose, they would have "picnic-in-the-park" together! She stays close to me, therefore we always walk home together. We always share our problems together... Hopefully TPH can reduce the O.T. to 5pm so she can go back early to watch her favourite drama on Suria! haha!

Ah Di: More like I am the little brother to him. A lean guy with tattoos sprouting from both his arms. However, his manners contrasts his appearence. He's softspoken and a hardworking guy. If not for his wrist injury, he would be one damn fast packer. All the way he's my smoking buddy and he also re-introduced "Ang-Hoon" to me. I coughed badly haha! Nice working with him.

Ah Hao: Another smoking kaki. Some of my colleagues refer him as my big bro...His 15 years at TPH gets him the "fastest packer" reputation. I saw with my own eyes, he's godlike and unbelieveable! Personality-wise, he's a very loud and funny person. Whenever he sees someone he does not like, he would order me to beat that person up! He also likes to sprout tons of nonsense and vulgarities at others. The vocal duels between him and Ah Kiaw will always be in my mind.

As for the others such as NaWee, supervisor Ah Wong, Ah Hui, the other 2 aunties and the indian guy at the other line, I did not really have much a chance getting to know them better in such a short time. However they are all nice people. I will also miss the two chicks who make YamYam cups at the other department. Too bad the more sociable one resigned and I missed the chance to say goodbye to her!

Overall, my short stint at TPH has been fruitful as I have learnt how to earn money the hard way. Not forgetting all the wonderful people I get to know there... Hopefully during the upcoming holidays I get to work there again.

No comments: