Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Driving T.P... A bundle of nerves!!! >.<

Today has got to be one of the most tense day of my life. Much ($2200 and a whole load of effort) has been put in and it all boils down to this day. Its make it or break it...

Due to extreme kiasuism and nervousness I arrived at BBDC about an hour before. That made my brain go crazy even more. As I was fiddling with the one of the PCs there, my fix group instuctor Mr Wee tapped my shoulder. He wished me success before he left for lessons and reminded me to remove my earrings prior to taking the test. He was somewhat my savior as he gave me a strict driving test scenario and corrected many of my mistakes which I was still making yesterday afternoon. Other instructors from my fix group (6022) like Mr Foo (I always remember him for his sniffings whenever he talks) and Mr Lim (The one whom I drove to his house at Choa Chu Kang to pass a mail)...I am very grateful to them too. I spent the 1 hour of idleness playing mobile phone games. When it was about time, I registered for the test and proceeded for 1/2 hour of warm up in the test car.

At the vertical parking area, I steered too late and kinda mounted the kerb! I was like...that's it. But the instructor tried to calm my nerves and thus I contined with the warm up. And then, shit happens again. At the crank course, I once more mounted the kerb! Good Game!! Total of 20 points already...fail... if its the real test that is! Later, it was time to proceed to the road. Nothing major happened except that there was an instance where I somehow managed to move off in 2nd gear! I did not realize until the instructor pointed to the gear lever!

Back at the centre, I was a bundle of nerves! I was told to go to the 2nd floor to wait for the balloting of test routes. Again, waiting is a must and thus, I waited for another half hour. Honestly, I eyed beautiful ladies/girls to preoccupy myself and to calm myself!

We (all those taking the test), were called into the balloting room to randomly pick our lanes. Luckily I got test route 4, which was pretty easy. If I had gotten test route 6 or 8, I might fail as that would be the Teck Whye area in which there were many ups and downs, heavy traffic, u turns and "funny looking" filter lanes! We were left alone for about 10 minutes to study our routes. Then one by one, the testees were called out to their respective test vehicles. I was one of the last to be called out. My heart feels like its on my stomach as my tester "boomed" out my name. We proceeded to my car...

Throughout the circuit, I was really freaked... Afraid to make even the slighest error. When I was told to go to the main road. I somewhat heaved a sigh of relief. Half the battle is won. On the roads, everything went surprising smoothe. Even at those major roads with 3 or 4 lanes; when I was doing lane changing from the left to right, I remembered that a lorry graciously slowed down to give way to me! Then, I felt like unwinding my window and holla a thanks to him!Finally, I drove back to BBDC. As I stopped the car to allow the always-silent tester to alight, I was totally relieved!

Then, it was the moment of reckoning. Back in the balloting room, the tester grabbed a chair and we sat down. I was facing him with the assessment form on the desk. He casually ticked ticked and ticked and I was like fuck la...So many mistakes meh?? Stress.... Finally, he flipped the paper to the last page and tallied the marks...12... I was elated! (silently)

To cut the story short, I proceeded to get my photo taken and applied for the driving license!Thus, the record still maintains. For my army friends who taken school lessons, the 1st attempt pass is still at 100%!

No comments: