Above: Ting's House. Auntie can be partially seen in the picture.Below: Organic tomatoes. It tastes sour!

Finally, I've gather enough willpower to pen this entry! Many things, big or small, has happened and I'll try my best to recollect my thoughts...
110309 - Left home at about 5pm and reached the airport early for dinner. I spent most of my time walking around and starring at the vintage flight schedule board in Terminal 1. The moment the check-in counter was open, I was there in-line! After getting my ticket, I realized I still had to wait for 1 hour to get into the waiting area in the departure hall! Luckily I had my laptop with me, so I facebook'ed and surf net for an hour and continued using my laptop till I was on board and ready to fly. I took off at about 9.35pm and arrived at Kota Kinabalu at about 12 midnight and... I had to wait till the next morning 9.30am for my next flight! Holy shit... And furthermore my phone's autoroaming is giving me a headache. I can't contact my mom and I had to call Ah Bao to call my mom to inform her that I'm at KK already!
120309 - So I stoned at the airport... using my laptop to play games till I'm tired. I tried to go to sleep but the damned chairs are so uncomfortable. Over the entire duration, I kept on falling into short lapses of sleep only to awaken with a pain in my back. After what seems an eternity, It was finally 6.30am. I got my lazy ass up and went to take breakfast at the airport's coffee shop (opens at 6am). After that, stoned again... till 7.30am where I checked in for my next flight....
I reached Tawau at about 10.20am and at the Arrival gate I saw Uncle Liew! I hurried over and called him. He took a few seconds to recognize me (perhaps because of my hair-do)! Uncle Liew (call him Uncle for short) was there to fetch me. On the way back I was chatty with him, talking about almost anything. Time flew and we were back at the "House of Liews" haha. Well, I can call that "home" too i guess! Auntie Liew (Auntie for short) was at home doing the cooking. So glad to see them after 1 year! At that time, Ting was still in school and her bro is out at work. So, I slacked a while before following Uncle to Ting's school to pick her up. It didn't take long before she appeared from the school gates! And very soon, she was lamenting how hard her papers were!
Once back home, we had dinner. Actually I was quite surprised that Auntie was a vegetarian. And yet she was able to cook all sorts of food! The things I remembered from that meal were Eggplant and Yu Piao (Fish Maw). I dare admit that when it comes to food, I'm a very picky person. But then, I guess I have to eat it and get used to things that I used to dislike! Its only the first day, for the remainder of the stay, I'd be eating Yu Piao for almost everyday! Good life! Also it was the first time I eat a kind of fish with Green coloured bones!
A sizable portion of the food we eat comes from the garden that they maintain. The garden has a huge variety of vegetables and fruits such as chilli padi, eggplant, mini tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and many many more.
Ting did tell me that she was unused to seeing my hair that long and she requested that I cut my hair... Oh well... there goes my hair... Ting's mom brought us to a relatives hairdresser shop to get my hair fixed. I also asked Ting to cut her hair as her hair was thick. So there we were emerged from the shop looking kinda different!
110309 - Left home at about 5pm and reached the airport early for dinner. I spent most of my time walking around and starring at the vintage flight schedule board in Terminal 1. The moment the check-in counter was open, I was there in-line! After getting my ticket, I realized I still had to wait for 1 hour to get into the waiting area in the departure hall! Luckily I had my laptop with me, so I facebook'ed and surf net for an hour and continued using my laptop till I was on board and ready to fly. I took off at about 9.35pm and arrived at Kota Kinabalu at about 12 midnight and... I had to wait till the next morning 9.30am for my next flight! Holy shit... And furthermore my phone's autoroaming is giving me a headache. I can't contact my mom and I had to call Ah Bao to call my mom to inform her that I'm at KK already!
120309 - So I stoned at the airport... using my laptop to play games till I'm tired. I tried to go to sleep but the damned chairs are so uncomfortable. Over the entire duration, I kept on falling into short lapses of sleep only to awaken with a pain in my back. After what seems an eternity, It was finally 6.30am. I got my lazy ass up and went to take breakfast at the airport's coffee shop (opens at 6am). After that, stoned again... till 7.30am where I checked in for my next flight....
I reached Tawau at about 10.20am and at the Arrival gate I saw Uncle Liew! I hurried over and called him. He took a few seconds to recognize me (perhaps because of my hair-do)! Uncle Liew (call him Uncle for short) was there to fetch me. On the way back I was chatty with him, talking about almost anything. Time flew and we were back at the "House of Liews" haha. Well, I can call that "home" too i guess! Auntie Liew (Auntie for short) was at home doing the cooking. So glad to see them after 1 year! At that time, Ting was still in school and her bro is out at work. So, I slacked a while before following Uncle to Ting's school to pick her up. It didn't take long before she appeared from the school gates! And very soon, she was lamenting how hard her papers were!
Once back home, we had dinner. Actually I was quite surprised that Auntie was a vegetarian. And yet she was able to cook all sorts of food! The things I remembered from that meal were Eggplant and Yu Piao (Fish Maw). I dare admit that when it comes to food, I'm a very picky person. But then, I guess I have to eat it and get used to things that I used to dislike! Its only the first day, for the remainder of the stay, I'd be eating Yu Piao for almost everyday! Good life! Also it was the first time I eat a kind of fish with Green coloured bones!
A sizable portion of the food we eat comes from the garden that they maintain. The garden has a huge variety of vegetables and fruits such as chilli padi, eggplant, mini tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and many many more.
Ting did tell me that she was unused to seeing my hair that long and she requested that I cut my hair... Oh well... there goes my hair... Ting's mom brought us to a relatives hairdresser shop to get my hair fixed. I also asked Ting to cut her hair as her hair was thick. So there we were emerged from the shop looking kinda different!









No comments:
Post a Comment