Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Qing Ming Jie - Sao Fen Mu (28th - 30th March 09)

Below: A photo we taken in Changi Airport prior to flight.

Below: I was looking at something else! Not at my 2 sisters playing fun!


Below: Wai Gong's Grave

Below: Ah Chern and I

Below: Me, Wai Po, my mom, 2 Kim
This is the first time I actually went to swept a grave for Qing Ming Jie. And that grave melongs to my Wai Gong.


On the 28th March noon, Me, My mom, Jacy, Ah Ching, Ah Bun Jie and Ah Kat Kor flew back to Kuching early 1 day in preparation for the actual day on the 29th March. It was Jacy's idea that aside from me and my mom, the rest of those going back should not be monetioned so as to give everyone back there a surprise!


Upon arrival, Ah Chern, Ah Ting and 3rd Yi fetched us from the airport. I had to call Ah Bao to leave his shop to come find me in order for Jacy and gang to sneak past!


I feel so happy to see everyone back there after 3 years! I guess my mom is the most happiest! Wai Po's house was so alive with people. Almost all of the Then family were there. Da Jiu, Jacy, Caroline, Er Jiu, Ji Kim, Ah Chern, Ah Ting, San Jiu, 3 Kim, Bun Jie, Kat Kor, Ah Bao, Ah Ching, Xiao Jiu, San Yi, Xiao Yi, Xiao Yi Zhang, Ah Yuan, Ah Ling and last but not least, Wai Po. I even remembered one point in time when I was cleaning my spectacles when I heard Caroline screaming my name! I squinted my eyes to confirm who was it, just in time to be hugged by her haha! During the night, the few of us (Ah Chern, Ah Bao, Ah Yuan, Ah Ting) headed down to town for coffee and KTV, and that concludes the first day.


The next day (29th March) we headed down to Wai Gong's grave up in the mountains and did a massive cleaning up of the grave. The weather that time was starting to get hot. By the time it was about close to ten, I was sweating my ass off! But the trip was worth it. I feel a sense of satisfaction after seeing Wai Gong's grave gleaming in the morning sun. I wish he is living peacefully in heaven...

No comments: