Below: My birthday presents from Ah A and Ju. Thanks Bros!
Started the day with a yawn... Obviously I had to work... When I opened my room door, there was this "Flesh Imp" paperbag hung at the doorknob. Thanks to my bros Ah A and Ju for the nice presents! (A fresh Imp Jacket and Tee.) Somehow I feel there is no significant need to celebrate my birthday at my this age. When I was younger, I was so hard-up that people should celebrate my birthday with me. I still remembered that I would hint my uncles and aunties that my birthday was coming right up, so as to get a birthday present from them! Naughty me...
As usual, work was quite monotonous with few events worthy of interest. I just prayed that the 9 hours would whisk by... and it did. I took quick and broad strides home!
Once home, Mom prepared a bowl of Mian4 Xian4 with minced meat and hardboiled eggs for me. I remembered that I was told it is a customary Hokkien tradition for the birthday-person to have a bowl of that. Also, I have insisted that there be no birthday cake as I wanted to keep my birthday a simple one. Partly because it's a Wednesday night and there is work tomorrow. So Pa just got 2 boxes of Canadian Pizza. Simplest birthday this year! There!... I'm officially 24 yesterday!
As usual, work was quite monotonous with few events worthy of interest. I just prayed that the 9 hours would whisk by... and it did. I took quick and broad strides home!
Once home, Mom prepared a bowl of Mian4 Xian4 with minced meat and hardboiled eggs for me. I remembered that I was told it is a customary Hokkien tradition for the birthday-person to have a bowl of that. Also, I have insisted that there be no birthday cake as I wanted to keep my birthday a simple one. Partly because it's a Wednesday night and there is work tomorrow. So Pa just got 2 boxes of Canadian Pizza. Simplest birthday this year! There!... I'm officially 24 yesterday!






No comments:
Post a Comment