Below: Pa and Mommy preparing all the good food for ancestors. Mom took a breather!

Below: Without fail, everytime at K-Box, I'll be singing wei4 le3 ta1. Die, my voice will become sore for few days!

The day started with me going down to visit WeiXian and chatting him up at his workplace near ZOOM. After that, I played maple for about an hour at ZOOM before returning home to help mom with preparing all the food required for prayers to our ancestors. Pa knocked off from work early to help us out. Funny I was tired, so I took a long nap all the way till about 5+6pm before getting changed for the reunion dinner.
Its the same atmosphere every year. Closer relatives like Uncle Francis' family, Auntie Kim's family and Ah Sam's family would gather at Uncle Tony's house for the reunion dinner. The bunch of us older guys now would be quieter and just be contented with sitting at one spot and all sorts of topics come pouring out. THe younger children like Shan, Ting, Kai and Ariel would have their own fun in the playroom and the adults like my Dad, Uncle Ying Kong, Uncle Huat and Da Be would be at the mahjong table swimming!
Later at night, when everyone has parted and going to rest for tomorrow. The bunch of us, Ah A, Ju, Ray, Sam and Uncle Huat went over to Clementi K-Box to sing our lungs out! Crappy voice I have! How I really wish I could sing better! People would ask: "For what?" I'd say: "To put stars in my girlfriend's hearts?!"
Anyway, this is the year of the Rat, and I hope this year would be a really great one for me! Wish everyone a Happy Chinese New Year '08! Cheers to the Cheeze!
Its the same atmosphere every year. Closer relatives like Uncle Francis' family, Auntie Kim's family and Ah Sam's family would gather at Uncle Tony's house for the reunion dinner. The bunch of us older guys now would be quieter and just be contented with sitting at one spot and all sorts of topics come pouring out. THe younger children like Shan, Ting, Kai and Ariel would have their own fun in the playroom and the adults like my Dad, Uncle Ying Kong, Uncle Huat and Da Be would be at the mahjong table swimming!
Later at night, when everyone has parted and going to rest for tomorrow. The bunch of us, Ah A, Ju, Ray, Sam and Uncle Huat went over to Clementi K-Box to sing our lungs out! Crappy voice I have! How I really wish I could sing better! People would ask: "For what?" I'd say: "To put stars in my girlfriend's hearts?!"
Anyway, this is the year of the Rat, and I hope this year would be a really great one for me! Wish everyone a Happy Chinese New Year '08! Cheers to the Cheeze!







No comments:
Post a Comment