Tuesday, December 18, 2007

When I stirred from my afternoon nap, I realized its 4.30pm! I did a fast change into my exercise attire and took a cab to Maju Camp for my very 1st IPPT Test after I ORD'ed. After most people have arrived, the PTI gathered everyone at the training shed and gave a rough overview of everything before the test commence.

I took the 1st station. Standing Broad Jump, and I got a 243cm jump length. Lucky lucky my legs are still the same. Sit ups at 40 counts, abs are still there. Shuttle run at 9.5 secs, technique still there. Pull ups... pui... 9. At least its still within silver standard.

After all the static stations, I proceeded to take my most dreaded station. The 2.4km run. I was hoping that I was able to get 11.40 or less to achieve $200 monetary reward. I've even planned a strategy of 3/4/4, the time im minutes required for each rounds (3 rounds around the camp). Start time, and I was off... seems quite relaxing during the 1st round, untill I completed it and reached the electronical scoreboard. My time = 3mins 51sec! Almost 4 mins for 1st round. Goddammit! I panicked and abandoned tactics instantly. And when the end point was in sight, I dash till my lung were out to pass the finish line at 12mins 15sec. I was severely breathless as I rapidly gasp for air... Crappy timing. Even my secondary school timing was better than this! 5 secs less I would have no no no money to claim! With my scores so far, I was eligible for $100.

Kinda bitter-sweet. Happy in the sense that it was over and I do not need to take the test for another year, and also at least to have a hundred bucks in my pocket. Sad is that I missed out another additional $100. If I had just tried harder for running.

No comments: