The rift between Chris and Uncle Ng just got wider; and with everyday's passing this seems to get worse.
From what I see, this problem began when Uncle Ng was doing the night shift(Don't know if its uncle himself or the vice supervisor Clement that committed the error) unknowingly issued the wrong quantity of CDs during the night shift, resulting in an excess of 1 piece of CD in our inventory. The following morning, Chris was super pissed off with Uncle and berated uncle with occasional mild verbal abuses. And from that day onwards, both of them refuse to see eye to eye. When I was with either one of them, they would complain about the opposite party and justify their stand. Chris would tend to be more offensive in his verbal spat, criticizing uncle for being a stupid, petty old man. Uncle on the other hand was more defensive, always telling me his ideals and his stand and his threats to quit Teck Wah. I thought that this cold war would last for a few days the most, I was wrong...
The latest incident was the bigger crack being punched into the wall by a forklift by some Tom-Dick-Harry. Christ, being the "supervisor" questioned Uncle in a seemingly accusing manner and that made their working relation ship spiral all the way down. Chris told me he just "asked" and wasn't "accusing" Uncle for that hole in the wall. But when I approached Uncle and even without asking, he flared up and kept on saying it wasn't his fault. His speech was punctuated with curses aimed at Chris.
I myself have tried to mediate this situation. I wanted both of them to be back on jovial terms. I have tried to talk some sense into both of them but it doesn't seem to work. Imagine, a 40 year old guy having a cold war with a 50 something old man. Childish... Can't they just find a table, sit down and settle these differences once and for all?
From what I see, this problem began when Uncle Ng was doing the night shift(Don't know if its uncle himself or the vice supervisor Clement that committed the error) unknowingly issued the wrong quantity of CDs during the night shift, resulting in an excess of 1 piece of CD in our inventory. The following morning, Chris was super pissed off with Uncle and berated uncle with occasional mild verbal abuses. And from that day onwards, both of them refuse to see eye to eye. When I was with either one of them, they would complain about the opposite party and justify their stand. Chris would tend to be more offensive in his verbal spat, criticizing uncle for being a stupid, petty old man. Uncle on the other hand was more defensive, always telling me his ideals and his stand and his threats to quit Teck Wah. I thought that this cold war would last for a few days the most, I was wrong...
The latest incident was the bigger crack being punched into the wall by a forklift by some Tom-Dick-Harry. Christ, being the "supervisor" questioned Uncle in a seemingly accusing manner and that made their working relation ship spiral all the way down. Chris told me he just "asked" and wasn't "accusing" Uncle for that hole in the wall. But when I approached Uncle and even without asking, he flared up and kept on saying it wasn't his fault. His speech was punctuated with curses aimed at Chris.
I myself have tried to mediate this situation. I wanted both of them to be back on jovial terms. I have tried to talk some sense into both of them but it doesn't seem to work. Imagine, a 40 year old guy having a cold war with a 50 something old man. Childish... Can't they just find a table, sit down and settle these differences once and for all?






No comments:
Post a Comment