Saturday, September 15, 2007

Nostalgic Teabreak...

Below: My bowl of Duck Laksa!
Below: Mommy was fighting the heat to finish her food!

Apparently, today's the first and only Saturday for this holidays that I went for Zakum as I was and will be busy with work. After Zak, I went home, while Daniel and Jacky went to watch movies. Once home, I went online immediately and tried to finish off to level 118: success.

After mapling, mommy dragged me downstairs to try the new laksa at the coffeeshop. Initially I was sceptical, but after the 1st mouthful, I wasn't disappointed! Oishi! Duck Laksa! Yes... its great tasting. I ate quickly but carefully (The laksa splashes!) and I was sweating all over! Initially Mommy didn't want to eat coz she was afraid of getting fat! But she couldn't resist too! Mommy had chicken laksa. She too was pouring sweat trying to finish that bowl!

On the way home I had thought of going to sleep as I was super tired after many many days of continuous work. I suddenly brought up the subject about mommy talking very loudly last night, causing me to toss in bed for 3 hrs. She apologized and after that, she told me this which I will clearly remember: " Treasure your loved ones while they last. The time when you sleep quietly will be the time when your loved ones leave you in this world." I felt this sudden sadness, when I think of Grandpa (Ironically, Grandpa used to bring me downstairs to have afternoon tea), I had not treasured him when he was alive, and when he left us, I was so filled with regret and sadness...

I know, I am no longer a child, but a grown adult. And with that, mommy has changed from a gorgeous young woman to one who has suffered a lot because of us three. And although at times, I may dissapoint you, I may yell at you, I just want to let you know that I will treasure you and love you the most in this world!

No comments: