This particular entry is early in the morning 4.15am on a beautiful sunday after I retyped the entire 1st draft for the RWP Report...
.
Yesterday morning till early afternoon, I spent time trying to recover more lost data for my computer. Thanks dear for sending me lots of pictures and several songs that I need. Although I was unable to recover all of them, I am happy that at least some of them are retrieved. Prior to that I got many essential programs up and running (Firefox, MSN, Maplestory). My laptop seems to be in good shape...
Yesterday morning till early afternoon, I spent time trying to recover more lost data for my computer. Thanks dear for sending me lots of pictures and several songs that I need. Although I was unable to recover all of them, I am happy that at least some of them are retrieved. Prior to that I got many essential programs up and running (Firefox, MSN, Maplestory). My laptop seems to be in good shape...
.
Later in the afternoon, I met up with the all the available Mortar chaps for dinner at Suntec City. The agenda for the outing was to meet up with Johannes, who's currently in Singapore and is going back to Indonesia during late August. Really, it has been quite some time since I hang out with the whole bunch. Li Yang told me that he was in the organizing committee for the Funkamania 08 event that is slated to happen at Takashimaya, and he required our support; Can't wait to find out more of it. Tecky is having so much fun with his Cheerleading activities. Feng, Daniel Lim and Geoff were doing part time job at Suntec city about a couple of weeks ago and judging from their experiences with other happening people, they must have had a good time working there! How I wish that the Poly school term is in sync with that of the Universities. We had dinner at Carl's Jr. After dinner we hit the arcade and after that, we chatted and slacked at the Ya Kun outlet there.
.
Once I got home about 12am, I got a rude shock. I discovered that my laptop was not in my room. Instead it was on Ju's table. And the screen displayed alarming warnings of spyware, malware and trojan attacks! The total number of malicious codes numbered at 36! Also, several seemingly unreliable anti-spyware and anti-virus programs appeared on my desktop. I deleted most of them. However, one of the programs somehow found a way to get itself embedded into the system. I tried all ways to get rid of it but to no avail. Thus I decided to virus-scan all my personal files and coursework and saved them in a uncorrupted folder. Following that, I plan to save that folder in a exteral hard disk and get my laptop reformatted again to get rid if the embedded spy/malwares and trojan; tentatively this Wednesday.
.
Naturally, I was pissed. But admitedly, I don't dare vent my anger on Ju eventhough those programs were evidently downloaded while I was not at home. When Ju went off for supper, I just kept on complaining and ranting curses while my mom tried to calm me down. Eventually I settled down and started doing my report for the next 4 hours. Quarreling doesn't seem to be my forte anymore. A sign of weakness? Throughout my whole course of study, my laptop had been more or less free from such malicious problems. I just couldn't believe that it struck once I had my computer formatted. I though of changing my password and keeping the laptop usage exclusively for myself. The temptation is so compelling... But I figured, just because of this problem, I cannot be selfish to my younger brothers, right?






No comments:
Post a Comment