Firstly, there was a shortage of 1 MapleStory 10K A-cash card which cost SGD$10.50 during Auntie Kam's shift. I was the one selling 2 Maple cards to this kid and I swore I took $21 from him. . Apperently, no one could find out where that lost card went or where did the $10.50 go to. And so the blame falls to me. So, as a "reward", Wai Hong (the store manager) told me to do an extra 3 hours of work without any pay! I was pissed naturally, but I don't know if I should blame Auntie Kam or not.
Second, there was a shortage of $7.20 for today's morning shift, and bloody hell, this adds to my problem. I wouldn't say that I was very sure that I issued the right change to the customers or I did not miss-sell anything. But, just now, before 7am, Noorman closed his shift and opened mine before 7am without me arriving for work. I was there at 6.55am and he was already using the counters under my name! Perhaps the missing $7.20 could be caused by him! Again, Wai Hong had no choice but to punish me with another 2 hours of unpaid work tomorrow...
Third, Ah A, Ah Ju, Ray and family would be going to Genting this weekend, and sadly, I could not follow because I am on stand-by duty for the whole week. Talk about bad luck... Initially, I forgotten about the stand-by and I told Wai Hong that I would be going. He gave me that black face, and reluctantly allowed me to go. But later, my handphone beeped and I was reminded by MINDEF about the stand-by. Good timing huh, MINDEF? So, that means I'll be working for the weekend afterall...
Finally, when I was about to knock off for work, I was summoned to Wai Hong's office. Once there, he question me on why at times I would open both cash registers without any purchases. My head was about to explode as he was questioning my integrity, but I controlled myself. I told him the reasons to clerify any doubts. Once the matter was settled, I went back to my work... with a black face.
I hate to be blunt, but, I feel as if I am being used as a punching bag at work. Maybe I am new and I am unfamiliar with many things involved in running a 7-Eleven store. Initially, I had considered working during the weekends when my school starts. But now, I guess I'll have to kiss that idea goodbye. A new staff might be able to replace me for all I care. Most importantly, I don't want to give myself anymore headache. From now on, I'll not be so trusting anymore and I'll look at Wai Hong, Noorman and Auntie Kam under a different light...
Second, there was a shortage of $7.20 for today's morning shift, and bloody hell, this adds to my problem. I wouldn't say that I was very sure that I issued the right change to the customers or I did not miss-sell anything. But, just now, before 7am, Noorman closed his shift and opened mine before 7am without me arriving for work. I was there at 6.55am and he was already using the counters under my name! Perhaps the missing $7.20 could be caused by him! Again, Wai Hong had no choice but to punish me with another 2 hours of unpaid work tomorrow...
Third, Ah A, Ah Ju, Ray and family would be going to Genting this weekend, and sadly, I could not follow because I am on stand-by duty for the whole week. Talk about bad luck... Initially, I forgotten about the stand-by and I told Wai Hong that I would be going. He gave me that black face, and reluctantly allowed me to go. But later, my handphone beeped and I was reminded by MINDEF about the stand-by. Good timing huh, MINDEF? So, that means I'll be working for the weekend afterall...
Finally, when I was about to knock off for work, I was summoned to Wai Hong's office. Once there, he question me on why at times I would open both cash registers without any purchases. My head was about to explode as he was questioning my integrity, but I controlled myself. I told him the reasons to clerify any doubts. Once the matter was settled, I went back to my work... with a black face.
I hate to be blunt, but, I feel as if I am being used as a punching bag at work. Maybe I am new and I am unfamiliar with many things involved in running a 7-Eleven store. Initially, I had considered working during the weekends when my school starts. But now, I guess I'll have to kiss that idea goodbye. A new staff might be able to replace me for all I care. Most importantly, I don't want to give myself anymore headache. From now on, I'll not be so trusting anymore and I'll look at Wai Hong, Noorman and Auntie Kam under a different light...






No comments:
Post a Comment