Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Ke[V] at 7-Eleven

Below: No cigs to kids!

Yesterday was my 1st day at work at 7-eleven. It might seem easy and slack at the counter, scanning barcodes, collecting cash, etc. However, its actually quite stressful. Especially when it comes to money matters. For the 1st shift I did, when I tallied all the earnings, I had a deficit of $12! That is hell of a problem! Luckily the boss is understanding. For the 1st part of the day from 12 noon to 3pm I was attached to this plump malay girl callied Aini. She taught me lots of stuffs that I am required to know. For the 2nd part of the day from 6pm to 11pm, I was attached to this chinese-looking malay girl called Ruzaidah. It was quite expected that many chinese customers mistaken her as chinese and converse with her in mandrin. All she did was smile and gave a slight shrug most of the time! Luckily I was there to help her! I also found out that she was actually a SIM student and she had been working part time at 7-eleven for the past 2 years to ease the burden on her family. Not many children these days actually think about this before.

No comments: