
Above: Joy (Right most shoe) and me( bottom shoe) surveying SOME OF THE "damage" done by that single customer! There's more to it! xD
Below: Just a general view of my workplace :)
Below: Just a general view of my workplace :)

Through out my course of work, I do meet many nice customers. That's the one thing I enjoy doing in customer service. To be nice to people and interact with them in a positive manner.... really perks my day up :)
However, there are bound to be some customers that are unreasonable and difficult to handle...
Like today. There was this man that asked me for a fitting room. After taking a glance at the 2 fitting rooms (both occupied), I apologized to the man and kindly told him to wait. He just gave me that rude look and uttered some vulgarities, cursing his luck at the same time. "What the hell? You all only have 2 fitting rooms?" I remembered he said that sentence to me! Anyway, I took it with a smile and apologized to him again.
Another case was, a few days ago, my colleague, Joy, was serving this customer that seemed "loaded" He literally took 'all' the clothing off the shelf and he tried them all one by one! He tried many types of clothings such as shorts, 3/4s, chinos, formal pants, polo tees (all I don't mind putting hangers and placing them back to the display rack) However, it is the formal long sleeved shirts that tested my nerves. The formal long sleeved shirts are all packed into plastic with a cardboard backing and plastic foundation to keep it's shape. That customer tried like 20 over formal long sleeved shirts!!! And me and Joy had to painstakingly fold them all nicely and place them back into their original packaging. Joy had told him to try the sample shirt so that he would not be troubled to try so many shirts... but that customer refused, stating that he wanted to have the feel of the shirts as well as to see if the colours matched him. In total that single customer tried on well over 40 different types of merchandises!!!! Well, customers are always right and we just let him do it his way. When the customer was in the fitting room, Joy and me just exchanged glances and expressions (of disgust). I was like expecting that customer to purchase at least SGD$1000 worth of merchandises... However, he just bought $295 worth of items. Damned him... wasting our time. Anyway, I wasn't really THAT angry with him... Just treat that he's stupid enough not to know that most established departmental stores recommend their customers to try samples instead of the intended merchandises. I was also quite amused that people of such degree of stupidity do exist... hahaha...
However, there are bound to be some customers that are unreasonable and difficult to handle...
Like today. There was this man that asked me for a fitting room. After taking a glance at the 2 fitting rooms (both occupied), I apologized to the man and kindly told him to wait. He just gave me that rude look and uttered some vulgarities, cursing his luck at the same time. "What the hell? You all only have 2 fitting rooms?" I remembered he said that sentence to me! Anyway, I took it with a smile and apologized to him again.
Another case was, a few days ago, my colleague, Joy, was serving this customer that seemed "loaded" He literally took 'all' the clothing off the shelf and he tried them all one by one! He tried many types of clothings such as shorts, 3/4s, chinos, formal pants, polo tees (all I don't mind putting hangers and placing them back to the display rack) However, it is the formal long sleeved shirts that tested my nerves. The formal long sleeved shirts are all packed into plastic with a cardboard backing and plastic foundation to keep it's shape. That customer tried like 20 over formal long sleeved shirts!!! And me and Joy had to painstakingly fold them all nicely and place them back into their original packaging. Joy had told him to try the sample shirt so that he would not be troubled to try so many shirts... but that customer refused, stating that he wanted to have the feel of the shirts as well as to see if the colours matched him. In total that single customer tried on well over 40 different types of merchandises!!!! Well, customers are always right and we just let him do it his way. When the customer was in the fitting room, Joy and me just exchanged glances and expressions (of disgust). I was like expecting that customer to purchase at least SGD$1000 worth of merchandises... However, he just bought $295 worth of items. Damned him... wasting our time. Anyway, I wasn't really THAT angry with him... Just treat that he's stupid enough not to know that most established departmental stores recommend their customers to try samples instead of the intended merchandises. I was also quite amused that people of such degree of stupidity do exist... hahaha...






No comments:
Post a Comment