Yesterday morning while I was still asleep, my mom used the keys to open my door and slipped $18 into my wallet. And when I questioned her, she said she knew that I did not have anymore money. I objected, telling her that I still have and that she should keep the money for her use. Last Monday, she had already passed me $12, now... another $18 and that already totalled to $70 this week. I really feel bad that she had to give me extra money. 70 Bucks is like almost 1/5 of her monthly pay.
I was a bit sad that I couldn't work at FCUK as there were no more vacencies available. I've just asked Tuna about for slot at Dusty. Hopefully I would get a favourable reply soon.
If I ever land that job, I guess I won't be needing to have pocket money from my mom anymore. Come to think of it, Mom will save $160 for pocket money, $52 for bus concession, and perhaps $20 for MRT fare. Personal costs would be monthly telephone bill. Great... I guess there should be some balance money to get into my savings account.
Times are hard, so much so that my dad got so obsessed with saving on the electricity bill. But ironically, it is he who spends the most money, gambling loads of it on his damned soccer matches. Years ago, he complained that there ain't enough money in the house. Now, my brothers are working, and they contribute monthly upkeep to the family expenses. But still, my eccentric father is constantly yacking about money, money and money. Its not as if I am such an ass-hole who sticks out my hand for money. In fact, its a violation of my principles to "beg" for money. If possible, I don't want to depend on anyone anymore.
Think...A 24 year old guy asking parents for money... hah... please... Many kids now-a-days having the comfort of their homes, would whine for money. Let me remove the details to spare (some readers of this entry) the blushes. I reiterate, I am not this sort of person, and I despise people of those sort.
After much thought, I've planned to work long term. Whatever the consequences, I don't care. Whoever objects, that's their problem, those type of people can always get far far away from me and I don't give a shit about what they think. I've already made my choice to work and study for my last semester in Poly. I know it's a risk, but it is something challenging that I am willing to undertake.
And to that person who said "... you still student studying, WHAT THE HELL ask you go work? ... blah blah blah~ blah blah blah~" I'd say, Grats you for having your own private house, and 4 cars... unlike me living in HDB apartment. Wait till your family is struggling to make end's meet, then you'll know what it's like. Or perhaps when you are my age and still studying, lets see you take those loads of money from your old parents hands, let's see if you think of your parents or not, let's see if wether your conscience has gone...
I was a bit sad that I couldn't work at FCUK as there were no more vacencies available. I've just asked Tuna about for slot at Dusty. Hopefully I would get a favourable reply soon.
If I ever land that job, I guess I won't be needing to have pocket money from my mom anymore. Come to think of it, Mom will save $160 for pocket money, $52 for bus concession, and perhaps $20 for MRT fare. Personal costs would be monthly telephone bill. Great... I guess there should be some balance money to get into my savings account.
Times are hard, so much so that my dad got so obsessed with saving on the electricity bill. But ironically, it is he who spends the most money, gambling loads of it on his damned soccer matches. Years ago, he complained that there ain't enough money in the house. Now, my brothers are working, and they contribute monthly upkeep to the family expenses. But still, my eccentric father is constantly yacking about money, money and money. Its not as if I am such an ass-hole who sticks out my hand for money. In fact, its a violation of my principles to "beg" for money. If possible, I don't want to depend on anyone anymore.
Think...A 24 year old guy asking parents for money... hah... please... Many kids now-a-days having the comfort of their homes, would whine for money. Let me remove the details to spare (some readers of this entry) the blushes. I reiterate, I am not this sort of person, and I despise people of those sort.
After much thought, I've planned to work long term. Whatever the consequences, I don't care. Whoever objects, that's their problem, those type of people can always get far far away from me and I don't give a shit about what they think. I've already made my choice to work and study for my last semester in Poly. I know it's a risk, but it is something challenging that I am willing to undertake.
And to that person who said "... you still student studying, WHAT THE HELL ask you go work? ... blah blah blah~ blah blah blah~" I'd say, Grats you for having your own private house, and 4 cars... unlike me living in HDB apartment. Wait till your family is struggling to make end's meet, then you'll know what it's like. Or perhaps when you are my age and still studying, lets see you take those loads of money from your old parents hands, let's see if you think of your parents or not, let's see if wether your conscience has gone...






No comments:
Post a Comment