Sunday, November 02, 2008

Dialog Session with the Director of EEE

Yesterday, I was having a Dialog Session with the Director of EEE, Dr Dave Chong. Thank you JiaYi for allowing the space to me! The dialog started at about 10.30am and lasted to about 12.30pm. Through out the 2 hours, feedback and explaination were traded non-stop. Seems like Year 3 students have many things to voice out.

I remembered one of the more prominent topic was about DSP! Apparently many people didn't do well for DSP this sememster. Perhaps I was one of the guilty ones, scoring a "B" only! So people were saying about the 'lax-ness of the lecture, the nonchalence of the lecturer, etc , etc. Then there was this "GPA 4.0" student that said something very sensible "Education is up to individual, weather is he interested in learning or not..."

Another prominent topic was this duo of CST students complaining about Toh Ser Koon. They were mentioning that Mr Toh is kinda discriminatory towards foreign students. Well, it comes as quite a surprise to me as I believe lecturers shouldn't hold such biased views against foreign students. Furthermore, Mr Toh isn't this kind of lecturer, I know it, because I've been lectured by him and, many of my friends that are under his tutorlage, commented that he is just strict and at times blunt, that's all...

Overall, quite a good and interactive dialog session!

The next one is the "DECC's External Examiner (from NTU) Meeting". It is scheduled on Wed, 26 Nov from 3.20pm to 5.20pm. Very high probability I'd be going. Guess I'll need to inform Mrs Fong about my attendence.


No comments: